Chicken Pox Symptoms
Chicken pox is a common childhood illness that is particularly common among children under the age of twelve. The illness is highly contagious, and can affect people of any age. Chicken pox is actually a virus called the varicella-zoster virus, more commonly called VZV. The symptoms of chicken pox usually include a rash of spots and blisters, and flu symptoms that can be mild or severe. If you are currently suffering from chicken pox, or your child is, you may want to know how to cure chicken pox as fast as possible.
Since chicken pox is contagious to those who have not had it yet, the primary way you can get it is by being exposed to someone who has chicken pox. It usually enters through the nose or mouth, and will immediately attach itself onto the cells in the body. It will soon spread to several other parts of the body. Once exposed to chicken pox, after a few days, sometimes a couple weeks, then you will begin noticing the symptoms. It usually starts with a fever, low grade at first, rising as the varicella virus spreads and then it leads to itchy red blisters covering the entire body.
Home remedies for chicken pox helps to reduce the discomfort during chicken pox. There are very few medications available for reducing discomfort. People, therefore, had to depend on these home remedies for centuries. Get rid of chicken pox symptoms with natural home remedies.
Home Remedies for Chicken Pox Symptoms
The following remedies for chicken pox treatment are safe and effective. As they are made from natural fruits, vegetables and seeds it will not cause any harm to body.
1.An oatmeal bath is considered a natural chicken pox treatment for relieving the itch. Prepare the bath by cooking two cups of oatmeal in two liters of water for fifteen minutes. Put this mixture into a cloth bag, preferably cotton, and tie a string tightly around the top. Float this bag in a tub of warm water, and swish around until the water becomes turbid.
2. Prepare a mild sedative herbal tea using herbs like chamomile, basil , marigold and lemon balm. A little cinnamon, honey, and lemon may be added to this tea. It should be sipped slowly several times a day to reduce chicken pox symptoms. Use Catnip tea sweetened with molasses. It reduces fever.
3. Cut 100 gm of carrots and 60 gm of fresh coriander into small pieces and boil them for a while. Discard the residues. This soup should be taken once a day for getting rid of chicken pox.
4. Adding half a cup of brown vinegar to a bath of warm water is another best natural treatment for chicken pox, which will relieve the irritation of the skin.
5. Honey is also an excellent natural treatment for chicken pox. Smearing honey on the skin heals the skin itching in a very short time. Honey has the ability to heal and remove the chicken pox scars.
6. Take 200 grams of boiled green peas, crush the green peas to make a paste and apply it on the skin for relieving irritation of the skin because of chicken pox condition. The water in which fresh peas have been cooked can be used for washing the affected areas of the skin. This provides relief from itches.
7. Baking soda can help get rid of the itchiness and irritation from chickenpox. Put baking soda in a glass of water and sponge the affected areas. This will prevent the patient from scratching the eruptions.
8. Rose water is a good application on the infected areas on the skin to give relief from itching and cool the skin well. Make a paste with sandalwood, honey, and rose water and apply it to the skin affected by chicken pox scars. It helps chicken pox scar heal faster.
Diet Tips for Chicken Pox Treatment
Most people ignore their diet and/or food intake, but it is extremely important for reducing the symptoms of chicken pox. There are certain foods that you can eat that will help fight off this virus much faster. On the flip side there are other foods that will slow down your recovery.
For example, you want to make sure you eat, organic fruits and vegetables, if you can then eat it raw. Raw food is full of living water and also easy for your body to digest since it contains all the natural enzymes; those natural enzymes not only help you digest your food but will also help your body to fight off foreign cells inside your body, plus it is loaded with nutrients that your body can use immediately.