Dark Spots On Face
It does not matter who you are or what your age is, at some point you may find yourself with dark spots on face. Appearance of black and brown spots on face can be a very frustrating thing to happen, especially when you are not sure exactly how or why they appeared. The only thing that you know for sure is that you want to get rid of dark spots on face and luckily there are dark spot corrector products as well as procedures on the market that focus on removing those unsightly skin spots.
Causes for Dark Spots on Face
1. Hyper pigmentation is the main cause for having dark spots show up on the face.
2. Increased production on melanin in the skin causes dark skin spot on face.
3. Extreme weather conditions or pollution can produce darker spots on the face.
4. Acne that is broken or scratched can result on dark brown spotting and blemishes.
5. Chemical reactions to different types of makeup can leave dark spots where the reaction took place.
6. Overexposure to the suns UV rays is the primary cause of age spots.
How To Get Rid Of Dark Spots On Face
The first thing that anyone who wants treatment for dark spot on face should do is to consult a dermatologist. A dermatologist’s specialty is skin conditions and they can give you the most accurate diagnosis in regards to your skin condition of dark brown spotting. This is very important if the dark spot or spots suddenly appeared and is irritated. The dermatologist should be able to perform some tests in order to determine the cause, which in turn may determine the treatment. With more and more studies being done on skin cancer, it is better to be safe then sorry when it comes to any out of the ordinary dark spots. If it is not cancer and instead just a regular spot due to any of the reasons listed above, then you can decide what type of dark spot corrector treatment if you want to get rid of them.
Best Dark Spot Corrector Treatments
There are many dark spot correctors on the market and many of them work for other parts of the body as well as the face. That being said, there are a few dark spot remover treatments that are more geared towards the face and dealing with dark spots on skin.
Skin Whitening Products to Remove Dark Spots On Face
Whitening creams and masks contain bleaching chemicals that will lighten your skin tone. This helps reduce and remove the dark spots on your face. Be careful to read all instructions that come with these dark spot corrector cream products as they can cause irritation and burning of your skin if used in correctly.
Microdermabrasion Treatment to Get Rid of Dark Spots
Microdermabrasion can be done in your dermatologists office or you can get special creams that can be applied at home. This is a cosmetic treatment procedure that removes top layers of your skin to allow for new skin to grow back in its place. This treatment is similar to exfoliation but at a much deeper level. Exfoliation is a good way of keeping your skin healthy by removing dead skin cells that build up.
Chemical Peels for Dark Spots On Face
Chemical peels are best done by a professional and consist of one or more types of diluted acids that are applied to your facial skin. They will slowly dissolve the outer layer of skin cells, which will in turn allow new skin to grow in its place. Chemical peels can help even out your skins texture and tone. It is quite a painless cosmetic procedure for dark spots.
Laser Treatment for Dark Spots
This dark spot corrector treatment should only be done at the recommendation of your dermatologist as it is quite a bit more of an intense solution than most topical treatments. It is usually used for removing birthmarks, scars, and other severe skin blemishes.
Hormone Therapy to Clear Dark Brown Spotting
Again, this should only be done at the recommendation and direction of your dermatologist. If the reason you are getting dark spots is because of a problem with your melanin production levels, it is possible that it is due to a hormone in balance. Hormone therapy may be the solution to help balance out your system.
Remove Dark Spots On Face – Home Remedies for Black Spots
The skin is the body’s largest organ. It is often subjected to toxins and damaging factors that can lead to imperfections, difficult to camouflage, especially on the face. You can try some home remedies to get rid of dark spots. A host of home remedies have been tried, with some success, to alleviate dark marks from face. Following are some of the best natural dark spot corrector remedies to remove dark spots on face.
1. Another popular way on how to get rid of dark spots on face is to apply milk on your face. This is one of the best natural dark spot remover for face. The lactic acid in milk slow down the melanin production of the skin, even out skin tone, and also help lighten pigmentation on skin.
2. Onion juice is the best dark spot corrector remedy for getting rid of dark spots. Simply dab fresh onion juice directly onto the spots twice daily and allow to dry. This will remove freckles, sunspots, age spots, melasma, and other blemishes on facial skin.
3. Try a face wash for dark spots. Baking soda can be used to make safe, inexpensive treatment for dark spots. Baking soda can be used as a facial cleanser to exfoliate dead skin cells, clear clogged pores, lighten hyper pigmented skin, and will remove dark and brown spots on the skin.
4. Apple cider vinegar combined with other natural ingredients is a popular dark spot corrector home remedy for discolored facial skin caused by sun-induced melanin overproduction. The acid in apple cider vinegar removes excess oil and curbs over pigmentation that causes melasma. ACV can be combined with water, lemon juice, cod liver oil or onion juice to create variations of this natural astringent. Vinegar is by far, one of the more popular home remedies for dark spots.
5. Sun-induced dark spots on the face due to aging and other factors, can be spot-treated with castor oil. This oil is easily absorbed on the skin so that its acidic and anti-inflammatory properties can lighten facial imperfections. This is one of the best natural methods to get rid of dark age spots on face.
6. A topical solution of mustard oil and turmeric powder can be applied to sun-damaged areas of the face. The immune boosting and circulation-friendly effects of turmeric should help to soothe the skin and promote healing of dark patches.
7. Aloe Vera is another best natural dark spot corrector. Application of aloe vera will exfoliate dark spots and promote skin turnover to reduce discolorations and promote rejuvenation of damaged skin.
8. Lemon juice used as a spot treatment to get rid of dark spots on your face. This dark spot corrector contains natural bleaching properties that can lighten brown age spots and other skin discolorations over time.
9. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that can be applied to dark brown spotting to promote skin cell renewal. It protects the skin and helps in evening skin discolorations and fading dark spots and discoloration on the face. You can also apply a dark spot remover creams and lotions that contain vitamin E.
10. Oatmeal is a natural dark spot remover for face. An oatmeal mask is a helpful home treatment to remove pimple dark spots and melasma. Cooked oatmeal is cooled and mixed with tea tree oil and lavender oil, then applied to the face as a 15-minute mask. Oatmeal will absorb excess oil and relieve the itching while the anti-bacterial oils soothe inflammation.
These are some of the most effective homemade remedies to get rid of dark spots on face. To speed up the healing process, it is better to avoid excessive touching, squeezing, or scratching the black spots on your face.