How to Get Rid Of Dry Skin Around Eyes
Dry skin under the eyes is a common concern for adults. The skin around the eyes is thin and does not have as many oil glands in comparison to the rest of the skin, which can cause you to develop dry flaky skin around eyes. Dry skin could also be red and irritated. Dark circles can be a result of dry skin making the area look dull and tired. Dry skin around eyes can make you look years older than you really are.
One of the major causes of dry skin under eyes is dehydration. Hydrating keeps the thin eye area from becoming dry and flaky. If you have dryness around eyes, you can choose to use natural products to hydrate the flaky skin around eyes. There are a couple of home remedies for dry skin around eyes, which anyone can use to get rid of dry eyelids.
Home Remedies for Dry Skin Under Eyes – Get Rid of Dry Eyelids
If you have really dry skin under eyes, the following home remedies for dry eyes help to hydrate eye area well and help get rid of dry flaky skin around eyes.
1. Applying eye creams to dry eye area will provide immediate relief from dry under eye. Dab a thin layer of eye cream to the sensitive skin around your eyes with your finger or applicator. Dry eye can be itchy or scaly, and eye creams can help skin seal in moisture.
2. Try tea bag remedy for flaky skin around eyes. Tea bags can moisturize the dry skin around eyes. Place the chilled tea bags around eyes for soothing effects and to get rid of under eye dryness. This remedy is also helpful in removing crows feet or laugh lines around eyes.
3. If your skin around eyes is dry, apply natural oils such as almond or castor oil to get rid of dry skin under the eyes. This dry eyelids home remedy work well in reducing the dryness because they are easily absorbed into the cells. These oils will remove dry patches around the eyes.
4. Grape seed oil can be applied to the delicate skin under eyes to get rid of dry under eye. It hydrates the dry patch of skin under eye very well and leaves the area around the eyes deeply nourished. Grape seed oil also helps reduce under eye lines and wrinkles.
5. For reducing dry under eye, close your eyes and cover eyelids with slices of raw potato or cucumber to get rid of dryness and red itchy skin under eye. You may also apply cucumber or potato juice with a cotton ball to the under eye region. This is one of the best remedies for really dry skin under eyes. This remedy is also best for getting rid of dark skin around eyes.
6. Applying rose water around the eyes is one of the best dry eyelids home remedies. for reducing dryness under eyes, itchy skin around eyes and red skin around eyes. Applying rose water on the dry skin under eyes reduces under eye bags, dark circles, and removes dry and flaky skin under eyes.
7. Use avocado for dry skin around eyes. Avocados, a good source of vitamin E and natural oils, offer you an excellent remedy to combat dry itchy skin around eyes. Grated avocados can be applied around the dry eyelids that gently moisturize the delicate eye skin.
8. Yogurt-honey combination is another dry skin under eyes home remedy beneficial to reduce dryness under eyes. Dry eyelids will benefit from hydrating masks made from an egg yolk, a teaspoon of honey, and a tablespoon of milk powder.
9. Exposure to sun can also lead to red dry skin under eyes. Wearing sunglasses will protect the delicate skin around your eyes from the sun. Apply a broad spectrum sun block to your very dry skin around eyes to guard against sun damage.
10. This is the best natural method for getting rid of dry skin under the eyes. Drink lots of water to make sure you are keeping yourself hydrated to get rid of dry flaky skin and dark eye circles. Hydration will also help to reduce the appearance of dark circles and eye puffiness.
11. Diet is very important for getting rid of dry red skin around eyes. Make sure you have a healthy diet enriched with the vitamins such as vitamin A, B, C and E to reduce dry patch of skin under eye. Consume omega-3 fatty acids that help to reduce dry, flaky skin by preventing dehydration of cells.
All the above skin care remedies help to get rid of dry skin around eyes and will ensure that you have beautiful and smooth skin around eyes, which in turn will return the glow to your eyes.
If dry skin under eyes persists for more than a few weeks, you should see your doctor. Chronic dry skin around eyes and dry eyelids may be caused by potentially serious health problems.