How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
The best option to get rid of stretch marks is to apply home remedies. Natural remedies are helpful in the prevention and treatment of stretch marks and scars.
Stretch marks usually appear as pink, reddish brown or dark brown depending upon the skin tone. Frequently they obtain a silver streaked look with the development of time. Stretch mark may come into view on more than a few areas such as the abdominal area, thighs, hips, breasts, upper arms or lower back. It has been known that the men and women are both vulnerable to scarring on the skin. Stretch marks usually develop on the abdominal skin of pregnant women due to fast stretching caused by growing fetus.
Causes of Stretch Marks
Scar and stretch marks occur when there has been damage to the stretchy fibers of the skin. These linear scars may affect the inner layers of skin. The protein in skin, known as collagen, may stretch out and break due to the rapid stretching of the skin. When that happens, you can see the marks on the top layer of the skin. Initially, these scars may appear red or pink. Rarely, they may even cause some slight inflammation. These red scars may eventually turn purple, until they become faint silver scars.
Most women become aware of post pregnancy stretch marks. Since the skin is elastic, it stretches to house a fast rising fetus in case of pregnant women. But after a convinced point, the sincere layer of the skin tends to tear. Due to this, the thin streak are shaped over the upper layer of the skin and are referred to as stretch marks. Stretch marks can also be shaped by unexpected weight gain. This marks also depend upon civilization and genetics. Stretch marks are also known as striate gravid -arum. Sudden growth spurts during teenage years can also go away stretch marks on some parts of the body. Some times these skin marks may also take place due to corticosteroids and Cushing’s condition.
Ways to Remove Pesky Stretch Marks
However, if you have got stretch marks there is nothing to worry about as you can easily get rid of them. There are several natural ways to overcome this kind of skin problem. You can purchase stretch marks removal cream or opt for surgical treatments. When dealing with stretch marks, most people do not have the time or money to spend on surgical removal techniques or laser removal procedures. There’s too much time and money involved for most people to get their ugly skin scars surgically removed or with laser procedures. Natural methods are normally safer and less money, and it is just as permanent as surgical and laser stretch mark removal.
Related: Best Stretch Mark Removal Cream
Home Remedies for Stretch Marks
You can try the following simple stretch marks home remedy treatments for stretch mark removal.
1. You can moisturize your skin well by using a homemade lotion. Mix together some unrefined butter with a few drops of jojoba oil. You can also add some coconut oil to the mixture to help you deeply moisturize your skin. It is an easy natural treatment for stretch mark removal. You can use this application several times a day to keep the skin well hydrated and make it less prone to developing stretch marks.
2. Cocoa butter is one of the most effective remedies to prevent pregnancy stretch marks. Store cocoa butter in sufficient quantity at home and apply on the parts where these marks are likely to appear such as lower back areas, hip, abdomen etc. Apply cocoa butter regularly to prevent and get rid of stretch marks on thighs, on arms, and belly.
3. Olive oil is one of the best natural skin care oils oil to remove stretch marks and scar fast. This natural skin care oil is a great moisturizing agent and repairs the skin elasticity that is lost due to pregnancy. Application of olive oil and massaging the area takes care of deep scar formations like stretch marks and reduces its appearance greatly by moisturizing and plumping up the skin. Apply olive oil every day and massage for 10 minutes to flatten out the scars and leave the skin well cared for.
4. Massaging your skin using grape seed oil is another simple natural method to get rid of your white stretch marks. The high amount of linoleic acid and natural vitamin E in grape seed oil, makes it one of the essential element in most of the skin tightening creams and lotions.
5. Egg whites are an amazing nutrient-packed natural ingredient that can make the stretch mark disappear. Apply a substantial amount of whipped up egg whites onto affected areas of your skin. The proteins in egg whites help improve the texture of skin.
6. Another great stretch marks removal remedy is to use eucalyptus oil or lavender oil on the affected skin. Lavender oil is one of the effective natural treatments for skin marks. This helps the skin to regenerates and repairs itself. However, always remember to mix essential oils with carrier oils such as coconut or olive oil.
7. Vitamin E too is a great massage oil to get rid of stretch marks fast naturally. Massaging your body with Vitamin E can improve the elasticity of the skin and enhance blood flow to the skin. This anti aging skin care product is an excellent antioxidant that penetrates through all the skin layers, thereby repairing scars and stretch marks and encouraging new cell growth.
8. Potato juice remedy can effectively fade away your skin marks quickly and restore your skin cells easily. The vitamins and minerals in potato juice makes stretch mark less apparent. Apply potato juice to your marks and allow the skin to fully absorb the nutrients from the potato to yield some pretty awesome results.
9. Peanut butter is one of the best home solutions on how to get rid of stretch mark scars overnight. Rubbing peanut butter onto the affected skin is good at removing newly formed and old white stretch marks.
10. Bergamot essential oil has a light, delicate, and refreshing citrus scent. Applying bergamot oil help fade stretch mark scars fast. This essential oil also tones wrinkles on face.
11. Raw sugar is an ideal home remedy for removing your stretch marks. To get rid of the ugly stretch mark scars, mix raw sugar, almond oil, and lemon juice in equal quantities and apply on the affected skin.
12. Wheat germ oil applied daily on the skin is a powerful natural cure for stretch marks. This natural skin care oil can help the prevention of stretch marks and scars.
13. Another all natural skincare method to lessen the marks is to apply aloe vera directly on the skin marks. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then wash it off with cool water.
14. Castor oil is effective for various skin problems treatment including stretch marks or loose skin. Apply cold pressed Castor oil directly to the affected area.
More Tips to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Due to the imbalance of collagen and elastin, your skin suffers from problems such as wrinkles, stretch mark scars etc. Moisturizers play vital role in maintaining the elasticity of your skin by keeping collagen and elastin in balance. Apply suitable moisturizers on expected areas where stretch marks are likely to occur.
There are also certain exercises that are able to boost the elasticity of the dermis which will cause the stretch marks to lessen in appearance, and eventually fade away.
You can help to get rid of your stretch marks by exfoliating the skin on a daily basis. This is a simple procedure which can be easily done at home. If you do it several times a day then the stretch scars will likely be eliminated and fresh and healthy skin will form. Skin exfoliation provides similar benefits as with other techniques such as microdermabrasion and laser surgery have, but can be performed inexpensively at home. Apply an effective skin hydrating cream after exfoliating to make sure that the skin is hydrated and stays supple and elastic.
You can try using a body brush to help in stimulating the blood circulation when used for a massage. This can also help in preventing the occurrence of stretch mark scar.
Hot water bath helps improve your circulation, which can help you get rid of stretch marks naturally.
These are some of the best natural ways to remove stretch marks at home.