How to Get Rid of Common Cold
Common cold is one disease which can catch you in case of viral infection in respiratory system. The most common symptoms of common cold are chest blockage, nose running, feeling of fever and throat pain and sore throat. Cold can be most common disease that can happen to you as compared to other disease.
Cold is caused due to attack of viruses like rhinovirus and adenovirus on you body. Cold symptoms can mostly be seen in nose and eyes and its virus usually lasts for 5 to 10 days depending on individual immune system.
Cold is a disease that can transfer from one’s body to others with some kind of attachments. Person who are blessed with healthy body have very less chance of getting this disease and even if they happen to get cold they can easily resist the virus of cold. It is important to have strong immune system to fight the cold virus without facing there affects. Person with stronger immunity do not have to face painful affects of cold and they can get well soon from its virus attack. Common cold can be easily found in infants, children and young adults.
Causes of Common Cold
1. The main cause of common cold is to get caught by virus. There are about more than 200 viruses that can cause common cold disease and most common viruses for common cold are rhinovirus and adenovirus.
2. Another reason for cold is to be in varying weather conditions. If you happen to face different weather environment in shot intervals then there are great chance to get cold. Frequent hot and cold weather can cause cold.
3. The common cause of cold are the unhealthy diet person is living on. Diet which is full of junk food, processed foods, food that are spicy, oily and unhealthy can be reason to send invitation to cold virus to attack your body.
4. Excess of smoking and alcohol drinking habits can decrease the immunity level and result in cold virus.
Symptoms of Common Cold
The most common symptoms of cold are following:
1. Blockage of Nose and Nose Running
2. Feeling of Illness and Fever
3. Painful Throat and Sore Throat
4. Chest Congestion
5. Severe Headache
Natural Home Remedies for Common Cold
1. Hot Water Steam – Steam is most effective home remedy for treatment of cold at home. There are ready-made streamers out there that can be found easily in medical stores. Take steam after every hour with directly exposing your nose, face and head to steam, it will help in loosening the chest congestion. This is simple and useful home remedies for common cold.
2. Gargle with Warm Water – Take some warm water and mix some salt and alum in it and use this mixture to gargle. It will help in melting the mucous in chest and gives you relief from sore throat. This is one the best home made remedy for common cold.
3. Warm Lemon Juice – Lemon is the center product of all home remedies for any common illness and disease. Lemon is useful home remedy for treatment of common cold. Drink warm lemon juice mix with some honey at least twice a day it will help in increasing the immunity and resistance level of your body.
4. Hot Garlic Soup – Garlic is another product that contain antibacterial properties and very helpful in curing common cold. Hot Garlic soup is very useful in removing the cold virus from the body. Take few pieces of garlic cloves and cut them in little pieces then boil these in 1 glass of water. This is the most effective common cold treatment.
5. Ginger Benefits in Common Cold Treatment – Ginger is another product that possesses antibacterial qualities and is very effective in cold and cough. Take about 10 grams of ginger and cut it in small pieces. Boil these ginger pieces in about one glass of water and drink it after adding 1 teaspoon of sugar in it. This can be done once in a day and it will give you extreme relief from common cold and is good home remedy for common cold.
6. Herbal Tea for Common Cold Cure – Make a herbal tea by adding some ginger, cinnamon leaves, cloves, cardamom in your tea. This is very useful home remedies for common cold treatment naturally.
7. Take some dry basil (tulsi) seeds and mix in equal quantity of dry ginger powder. Eat 5 grams of this mixture twice a day. It is beneficial to consume this once in morning and once in evening and it is one of the best natural home remedies for common cold.
8. Bath in hot water is extremely beneficial in cold and it gives you relief from nose and chest congestion. While taking bath put your face on top of your bucket filled with hot water and take steam. It will give your nose relief from blockage and is good home remedy for common cold.
9. Roots of bitter ground are also useful in common cold cure. Take a teaspoon of bitter ground roots paste and add same amount of honey and take it once in a day. This is useful medicine for common cold treatment.
10. Garlic oil mixed with some onion juice should be taken with one glass of water for two to three times a day. This is quit helpful for common cold cure.
11. Mix 2 grams of asafetida in a glass of warm milk and drink this slowly. It can be done two times a day and is effective home remedy for common cold.
12. Vicks Vaporub steam is also useful in cold. It is better to use it at night.
13. Soak some asafetida in water and when it gets melt properly then sniff this paste for some time in intervals. This is one of the excellent home remedy for common cold.
14. Drink Warm water in short intervals will help immensely and give you relief in throat and is good cold cure.
15. Take some amount of black paper powder and mix it in one bowl of curd, then take about 20 grams of jaggery and add it in curd. Eat this mixture at least two times a day this is very good home remedies for common cold.
16. Turmeric milk is also useful in cold, take 1 teaspoon of turmeric and mix it in warm milk. Drink that milk two times a day. This is very simple yet effective home remedy in common cold and useful for any pain relief.
17. Small drink of whisky is also very useful for common cold treatment. It is wise to drink at night as while sleeping it will give you good heat and helps in melting the nose and chest blockage.
18. Lady Fingers is one vegetable that is very good in treating cold. Take some lady fingers and cut in pieces and boil in one glass of water and while it is hot take its steam from nose. It is very good home remedy for sore throat and dry cough.
19. Avoid any cold meals and cold drinks during cold. It is useful to eat hot meals and hot drinks even drink only hot water.
Follow these simple home remedies and tips to get rid of common cold. If you see no improvement after 4 to 5 days it is advisable to consult the doctor to get rid of common cold.