How to Get Rid of Hiccups
Hiccups can be a disturbing phenomenon. Men are more likely than women to get hiccups. Every body wants to know how to get rid of hiccups fast. For minor cases of the hiccups, there are several easy, at-home remedies that you can try to get rid of hiccups fast. Do you feel annoyed every time when hiccup hit you unexpectedly. Here are some of the bets tactics to stop hiccup naturally.
What are Hiccups
Hiccups are sudden, involuntary contractions of the diaphragm several times per minute. The diaphragm is a muscle that is dome shaped and it pulls and pushes air from the lungs while people inhale and exhale. When the diaphragm is irritated then hiccups could result. Newborn babies often experience bouts of hiccups. Although hiccups can be unpleasant, even disturbing event, it is temporary. Most of the time hiccups last a few minutes or hours, but they can actually last for a few days or even a few weeks. In this case, there could be another medical problem at fault.
What Causes Hiccups
The diaphragm, which is located in the chest, is responsible for annoying hiccups. Hiccups may be caused by many things. That includes laryngitis, over-stretching the neck, surgery, general anesthesia, eardrum irritation, heartburn, infection, tumor, bloating, diabetes, hot and spicy food, eating fast, drinking too much alcohol, and smoking. Hiccup causes when the diaphragm is irritated in situation of a complete stomach or inflammation of the heart’s encompassing membranes. Anybody can get hiccups if he overeats or drinks as well a lot, creating imbalance in the entire body.
The general symptoms of hiccups include diaphragm contractions, and a continuous sound from the throat that sounds like “hiccup”. Sometimes the only symptom is a slight tightening sensation in your chest.
How to Stop Hiccups
1. One of the most common techniques of obtaining rapid relief from hiccups is by deep breathing. Try taking a deep breath and hold and when you feel another hiccup about to happen quickly take another deep breath and hold. Do this a couple of times to get rid of hiccups.
2. Another natural method to get quick relief from hiccups is to breathe into a paper bag. Get a paper bag, which is large enough to cover your mouth. Then you try to breathe in and out into the paper bag five times in a row. This should be completed a couple of occasions till the hiccups are gone. This treatment is known to be extremely powerful for some people.
3. If you want to get rid of your hiccups, get a glass of water and quickly some small sips is one of the most effective ways. Drink 9 to 11 small sips of water in rapid succession without taking a breath between swallows. The hiccups will stop immediately.
4. Another method on how to get rid of the hiccups that one can do is by throwing up. Given that hiccups are acknowledged to be induced by overeating or drinking too much, relief is reached if some of the food that was consumed has been launched.
How to Get Rid of Hiccups using Home Remedies
1. If you believe that spasm causes hiccups, you can take in some white granulated sugar. Slowly dissolve a teaspoon of sugar in your mouth to regulate the spasm that is taking place in the diaphragm. Sugar aids in the regulation of spasms in the diaphragm, which result stopping hiccups. Sugar is a great home remedy for hiccups, especially for baby hiccups.
2. Many people swear by apple cider vinegar as a hiccups cure. Drink or swallow a tablespoon of vinegar. Its sour taste could instantly stop a hiccup in its tracks.
3. Another age-old hiccup remedy is eating a spoonful of creamy peanut butter. The thick and gooey consistency of peanut butter helps to interrupt your breathing pattern just enough to get it back on track, stopping your hiccups in seconds.
Related Post: How To Stop Hiccups – Tips to Cure Hiccups
4. Another cure for hiccups is to make a mint tea, adding 5 drops of oil of amber. Drink the brew every 10 minutes until the hiccups are cured. Inhaling peppermint essential oil also worked for relieving hiccups.
5. Try swallowing a teaspoon of dill seed to stop hiccups. It could potentially tickle the vagus nerve to make the hiccups stop. Dill seeds can also be mixed with tea as an alternative to method to make hiccups go away.
6. Another best way to stop hiccups is to drink a glass of cold water. You can also get a bowl full of ice cold water and immerse your face in it for 30 seconds.
7. Some people get hiccups from eating spicy food, because the spice will irritate peoples stomach lining and result in hiccups. So avoiding those foods can help to stop hiccups and prevent them.
Several of these remedies on how to get rid of hiccups are not medically confirmed but instead are acknowledged to have been completed and verified profitable in relieving hiccups for a whole lot of folks all about the world. At any fee, these hiccup remedies are effortless to do and can give quick relief for hiccup.
However, there are others who experience hiccups that last for days, weeks, and even years. In these instances the cause of hiccups is usually medically related. In fact, there are many different types of medical problems that could cause hiccups. People who have recurring hiccups or a case of hiccups that just doesn’t seem to go away should definitely make an appointment with their medical doctor to explore any underlying medical problems.
Newborn Hiccups -How to Get Rid of Baby Hiccups
Hiccuping is common in newborn babies, which starts when the baby is inside the womb. Commonly, baby hiccups are caused by overfeeding. Swallowing a lot of air could also be another cause for newborn hiccups. Baby’s hiccups are just one of those normal behaviors and are usually nothing to worry about. However, if you are searching natural methods on how to stop hiccups in babies, you can try the following home treatments for baby hiccups cure.
Home Remedies for Baby Hiccups
1. If a baby has hiccups, it could be because he or she swallowed too much air when they are nursing or drinking from a bottle. Taking a break from a feeding to burp your baby may help get rid of hiccups.
2. Hiccups in newborn babies are fairly common. Anise seeds remedy helps to get rid of baby hiccups. Abdominal pains and hiccups in babies can be cured with anise seeds. Give your baby one or two teaspoons of a water and anise seed mixture.
- How to Get Rid of Cradle Cap in Newborn Babies
- Common Newborn Rashes and Skin Conditions
- Natural Skin Care
- How to Get Rid of Acne
- Laugh Lines
- Forehead Wrinkles
3. Gripe water is effective cure for baby hiccups. It can give the child relief from minor stomach problems, cramps, sour stomach and hiccups. In case of baby hiccups, 2.5 ml of gripe water is sufficient to get fast relief from those annoying hiccups.
4. To stop hiccups in young babies, give your baby water sweetened with some honey. It is said to be an effective cure for hiccups in babies.
5. Baby hiccups after eating is common, the cure to which is getting the baby to burp. Burping the baby can release some of the excess gas that may be causing the hiccups in baby.
If your baby’s hiccups last longer than 48 hours, referred to as persistent hiccups, it is a good idea to talk to your baby’s doctor.