How to Get Rid of Warts
Warts refer to growths that occur on the skin due to the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). Warts commonly occur on the skin and genital areas. In most cases, warts are quite harmless. Though warts are non-malignant, they can be a cause of embarrassment.
Wart remain confined to the surface of the skin and do not enter deeper into the skin. Warts tend to be attractive in appearance and hence many people wish to get rid of warts fast. There are certain types of wart removal treatment options such as cryosurgery. Home remedies for wart removal are also known to be effective.
Home Remedies for Wart Removal
Here are some of the best home remedies for treating warts.
1.A simple remedy to get rid of warts is to apply a piece of duct tape over the area and leave it there for about a week. Then gently pull off the tape and soak the affected area in water for about ten minutes to soften it. The wart can then be scrubbed away using a pumice stone. It is important not to scrub the area excessively as it may damage the skin and lead to infection. For stubborn plantar warts, the entire procedure may be repeated for the next couple of weeks.
2.Garlic is an effective natural remedy for removing common warts, plantar warts, and corns without acid, cryotherapy, or excision. Crush a clove of raw garlic and add a few drops of water to it. Apply the paste to the wart and leave it on for a day after covering the area with a bandage. The strong juices present in garlic shrink the wart and finally make the plantar warts or common warts disappear in a few days.
3. One of the most popular wart removal home remedies is apple cider vinegar. ACV is beneficial for getting rid of facial warts and genital warts. Dab a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and rub it gently over the area. Cover the area with a band aid and keep it on for one day. When the band aid is removed the next day, the wart should also come out with it. In addition, you could also soak a few slices of lemon in a solution of some salt and apple cider vinegar for a week, and then massage the warts with the lemon slices.
4. The banana peel is considered a real home remedy for removing warts. Try this painless method as a cure for plantar warts and genital warts. Cut a piece of banana peel large enough to cover the wart and tape it over the wart at bedtime. Leave it on overnight.
5. Topical application of tea tree oil is one of the best treatments for plantar warts on the feet, genital warts, and common warts. Soak a cotton ball in pure tea tree oil and apply it on the wart before bandaging the area. Leave it on overnight and rinse it off the next morning.
6. The juice of onions also works well on removing warts. Rubbing the warts with thin slices of onion improves blood circulation in the area and cures warts in a few days. Genital wart removal can be done by applying a mixture of fresh onion juice and salt. This may be done thrice a day until the genital warts come off.
7. For getting rid of plantar warts naturally, you can rub them with the rind of a pineapple twice or thrice every day. You may also use the juice of a fresh pineapple to dab the affected area in order to make plantar warts disappear in a few days.
8. Another effective natural wart treatment is a poultice made by mixing some powdered flax seeds, a little flax seed oil and some raw honey. Use this poultice regularly, replacing the old one with a fresh one every day, to get rid of warts.
9. The use of Vitamin E oil is known to be effective for wart removal. A small amount of vitamin E oil may be applied to the wart daily for about a week. Also, massaging the area around the wart with camphor oil four times a day helps make it disappear naturally.
10. Fig leaf sap is very useful for genital warts home treatment. Inorder to get rid of genital warts, take the extracts of the fig leaf and apply that milky sap on the affected area, leave it on for some time and then wash it away with water.
11. Castor oil is another best wart treatment option. Massaging the skin around the warts with castor oil several times a day also helps soften the hard skin and making warts vanish in a few days. You could also apply the juice or the pulp of a raw potato on the warts to get rid of them.
12. For another wart remedy, apply the juice of a few finely crushed fresh marigold leaves on the warts every day for a week.
13. Fresh aloe vera gel is helpful to get rid of plantar warts on the feet. Aloe vera remedy will help to soothe and tone up the skin cells.
14. Salicylic acid products are also commonly used to get rid of warts. They usually come in liquid form that you apply to the wart. Salicylic can be harmful to certain areas of the body so caution should be used when trying this method.
There are also several medical wart removal treatments including liquid nitrogen, laser therapy, and surgical wart removal but these treatment methods require a financial burden on your part and still may not provide the results you are looking for.