How to Get Rid of Skin Tags Fast
Having skin tag troubles? There is no need for you to spend a fortune for removing these skin tags. You can easily remove your skin tags naturally and fast at home without any pain.
Skin tags are benign growths of excess skin that look like a small piece of soft, hanging skin. Common areas for skin tags to occur include the armpits, groins, neck folds etc. Skin tags can be irritating and unattractive, especially when they seem to pop up continuously. Usually this is formed in places where the skin of our body is creased. That is why it is usually noticed in the neck, armpit or groin region. Usually you can also see it on the faces of people. The skin tag is usually not directly attached to the skin. There is usually a fleshy stalk known as peduncle. Skin tags are small protuberances which start off as the size of a pin. They grow with time and often grow into a large size.
The removal of skin tags is the only way of ensuring that another doesn’t grow in the same spot. However, skin tags, even if they are left untouched, do not ever cause any problems. They are not malignant and therefore not likely to pose a threat to the person who has them. The only discomfort associated with a skin tag occurs when they are irritated because of constant chafing of clothes or jewelry.
Skin Tags Treatment
There are various procedures by which skin tags can be removed. The skin tags contain nerve cells, which means that if something happens to them, the person will experience some amount of pain. For this reason it is essential that anesthesia is used in order to remove the skin tags. The procedure of removing the skin tags has to be carried in the presence of a general practitioner, or, in some cases, in the presence of a dermatologist. In case the skin tag is large, the patient may be required to go into surgery as an outpatient.
Skin Tag Removal Procedures
There are different procedures of removing the skin tags.
One of these is the process by which the skin tag is frozen and then it is cut off. This process is known as Cryotherapy. The patient is administered local anesthesia in case the skin tag that is being removed is large. For small skin tags this step is bypassed and the skin tag is simply removed without causing any pain or discomfort to the patient. Some doctors prefer to use the method of snipping the skin tags off using a special pair of scissors. While this method can effectively eliminate the skin tag for just a few days, there is a risk of damaging the healthy tissues around the affected area because it is impossible to target just the skin tag. In addition, this method is not recommended for skin tags on the face because the risk of scarring is high.
This skin tag removal method is done by administering high frequency current directly on the skin tag in order to cut and cauterize the skin tag. The great thing about this procedure is that it works immediately and is the best option if you have larger skin tags. However, this method is quite painful so it requires local anesthesia.
This involves binding off the skin tag, which results to cutting the blood supply and causing the skin tag to fall off. This procedure is slower, but the pain is minimal. However, ligation is not recommended if the person has a lot of skin tags.
This skin tag removal method is done by using surgical scissors or a medical scalpel. The skin tag can be cauterized to shut the blood vessels off. Another option is to apply pressure on the skin tag in order to stop the bleeding.
There are also natural ways for removing the skin tags at home.
Best Home Remedies for Skin Tag Removal
Skin tags are usually harmless and non cancerous, but people affected by skin tags usually want to get rid of them for cosmetic reasons. There are some very effective natural skin tag removal solutions that work out a lot cheaper and more comfortable than freezing skin tags. These often involve applying a solution which works to enter the skin flap and destroy it from the inside; this all occurs gently and you won’t feel any discomfort while the product is working – assuming that you choose a reputable product.
Here are several safe remedies to get rid of skin tags fast at home.
1. Garlic is a wonderful treatment for removing the skin tag. Covering the skin tag with a mashed garlic clove and then securing it with a bandage nightly can help dry the skin tag out and cause it to fall off.
2. Castor oil is one of the best natural remedies for skin tag removal treatment. In a small bowl or pot, mix up some castor oil with some baking soda to make a stiff, gooey paste. Spread the paste onto the skin tag then cover the area with a Band-Aid to stop the paste drying out too quickly or coming off on your clothes. Repeat this process three or four times per day and eventually you should see the tags starting to dry up and drop off. The process usually takes around two weeks to complete, as long as the paste is applied on a regular basis. You can keep the castor oil and baking soda paste in a small tub in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours so there is no need to keep making up a fresh batch.
3. Applying Vitamin E oil to the skin tag and the surrounding skin is also effective for getting rid of skin tags fast at home. Carefully break open one of the vitamin E capsule and pour the oil onto the padded part of a Band-Aid, then apply this over the skin tag and secure. Alternatively, pour the oil directly onto the tag and cover with a bandage to keep the tag moist and avoid the oil coming off onto your clothing. Repeat three times a day. The skin tag should fall off within a week to ten days with regular application of the oil.
4. Use vitamin C and vitamin E. as a combination treatment to get rid of skin tags painlessly. First apply some vitamin C liquid in a 15% concentration to the skin tag and then apply liquid vitamin E immediately afterwards. Do this twice a day for up to a week or two and you’ll see your skin tag drop off painlessly.
5. You can remove a skin tag naturally using tea tree oil. The skin should of course be clean and dry before you attempt any application. You should then use something like cotton wool or a cosmetic cleansing pad with a few drops of the oil applied to the surface of the pad. The skin tag should then be rubbed with the tea tree oil and massaged until some of the oil has been absorbed which is usually around two to three minutes. It works best if you do this 2-3 times a day. Sometimes it might take a week, but the skin tag should dry up and eventually fall off.
6. Another effective way on how to get rid of skin tags fast is to use a slice of potato. Cut a thin slice of potato and tie it over the skin tag and leave it there till the potato slice become black. Use a bandage to keep the potato on its place. At such a time the skin tag should be ready to fall off or else repeat it till it falls off. Due to its healing properties, potato can also help in reducing the size of skin tags.
7. Dandelion root is also an effective skin tag home removal. You simply have to extract some liquid from its root. Just apply the extract on the skin on a regular basis for two weeks in order to reduce the size of your skin tags.
8. Aspirin can be used for removing skin tags. Make a paste mixture by dissolving an aspirin in a drop of water. Apply this paste on the skin tag. The more the process is repeated, the more the skin tags become smaller, and eventually begin to fall off. This is one of the simplest and pain free methods to remove a skin tag fast.
9. One home remedy for skin tag removal is applying a dab of fingernail polish. Gently wash the affected area with warm water and soap, letting it air dry before you apply the nail polish. To have an effective outcome, just cover the extra growth with nail polish three times in a day for few days by the time it falls off. No doubt, this is the cheapest and easiest Skin Tag Home Removal Remedy to get rid of skin tags.
10. Another popular home remedy for skin tag removal is apple cider vinegar. Applying apple cider vinegar to the area three times per day is an effective natural treatment in getting rid of skin tags fast.
11. Another home remedy that is shown to be effective in removing skin tags is the use of onion juice. Fresh onion juice applied directly over the skin tags in armpit, or will successfully get rid of this unsightly problem. They work by drying out the skin to a point where the skin cells die, and the tag falls off on its own.
12. A common remedy to remove small skin tags at home involves tying the tag at the base with dental floss or thread. Constriction of blood flow to the area will cause the tissues to die and the skin tag will fall off eventually.
13. Duct tape can also be used for the removal of skin tags and moles. Cut small square pieces of duct tape with scissors and completely cover the skin tag with the tape. You’ll then notice then that after some time the tape will start to loosen up. Remove the tape then and see if the skin tags is falling of. If it is not, then put on another piece of duct tape until the skin tag dies.
14. The citric acid found in lemons and other fruits can be able to decompose off the cells in a skin tag. Apply fresh onion juice on the skin tag and the surrounding areas-eave the juice to dry. You will be able to see some change in the skin tags after a few days and eventually the skin tag will dry off.
15. A lot of people are using iodine to get rid of skin tags. Open up the tag, (get it to bleed), then put a drop or two of iodine onto the tag. Within a day or so it should dry up and fall/rub off.
16. Fenugreek seed is an effective natural treatment method for removing skin tags at home. Fenugreek seeds contain powerful antioxidants. To prepare this home remedy for skin tag removal, soak some fenugreek seeds in to a glass of warm water for one night and drink water in the morning with empty stomach. Also, chew those soaked seeds. Repeat this skin tag removal for a few days. The skin tag will start to shrink and then disappear completely.
You can use these home remedies to remove skin tags easily and quickly. These natural remedies and treatments have been proven to be both safe and effective. Natural remedies for skin tag removal generally involve easy and pain free methods.
However, like any other home remedial methods, individual results will vary, so you’ll need to be patient.