How to Remove Brown Spots on Face
As we get older, there are more and more reasons we get dark spots on face. Sometimes the unwanted dark marks are due to sizable blood vessels that sit near the skin’s surface. The lighter a person’s skin is, the more visible the dark spots become. Often times, a person has too much melanin causing multiple freckles and brown spots on face. Moles also cause brown spots, and should be removed because they could be cancerous.
If you are seeking to remove dark spots on face that are cluttering up your otherwise sensational good looks, there are some popular treatment methods that you can try.
Best Treatments to Remove Dark Spots on Face
Modern day innovations have procured numerous, safe and effective cosmetic solutions for treating unsightly dark and brown spots on face.
Laser Surgery for Dark Spots on Face
The first way of removing unwanted brown spots on the face is with lasers. This modern treatment gets rid of broken blood vessels that cause bright colored veins and other dark spots on face. Doctors use a small tool that shoots light beams over the dark spots, age spots or liver spots. As a result, all of the cells in the blemish are immediately destroyed. Only healthy cells are left to grow in their place with minimal risks involved in the procedure. Upon occasion, patients’ faces swell up or turn red. But the swelling goes down within less than a day’s time. There is also no pain involved and no anesthesia is necessary for a laser procedure to get rid of dark spots on the face.
Sclerotherapy for Removing Dark Spots on Face
Sclerotherapy is another treatment for facial dark brown spots, varicose veins and to eliminate any discoloration of spider veins. A patient’s blood flow is diverted and his or her veins collapse after being injection with a hardening solution. The American Academy of Dermatology reports that sclerotherapy patients experience an 80 to 90 percent rate of success. Unfortunately, the procedure requires many visits to a physician’s office, but bright colored veins tend to fade away over a period of two to three months. Undesirable side effects often include muscle cramps and raised bumps on patients’ skin.
Electrodesiccation for Dark Brown Spots on Face
Electrodesiccation is another way to help get rid of brown spots on the face. Its use is quite common because dark spots, such as moles, are often associated with melanoma. The medical procedure entails the drying of tissue by a high-frequency electric current to kill off any affected skin cells. This electricity is applied with a needle-shaped electrode known as a fulguration that cuts out the dried skin. If the affected area is large enough, an anesthesia is used. When a threat of cancer is present in the spots, insurance companies often cover the procedure.
Electrodesiccation is done quickly and outpatients are only tied up for 60 to 120 minutes at a time. Side effects usually include itchy skin and tiny scars. But it’s a small price to pay for removing potentially cancerous face spots.
How to Remove Brown Spots on Face Using Natural Remedies
1. Citrus fruit can serve as your first tool to help heal skin pigmentation and will remove dark spots on face. They deliver the vital nourishment required to revitalize and repair damaged skin. Lemon juice is known to be the most effective treatment for dark spots on skin. Simply place a bit of the juice on a piece of cotton and apply it directly on the dark brown spotting for its citric acid to begin bleaching the skin.
2. Sour milk can also be used as a nightly mask to remove brown age spots on face. The natural acid in the cream or milk is good for skin as it removes dead skin, dirt, and excess oil and help your skin to renew itself.
3. Wheat germ and honey are natural cures as well. You want organic wheat germ from a natural foods store. Mix small amounts of honey with the wheat germ to make a thick paste that you apply nightly as a mask for skin rejuvenation and a dark spots on face cure. Read: Acne Cure
4. Mix horseradish vinegar with organic whole grain oatmeal to make a thick paste. Dab the skin care paste on the dark brown spotting you wish to fade away several times per day. Let the paste sit for about 10 minutes before rinsing. This dark spot corrector remedy will help remove dark brown spots over time.
5. Sour lemon cream is supposed to be a great remedy to remove dark spots on face. You can make your own mask by adding lemon juice to sour cream. The lactic acid in the cream and the citric acid in the lemon juice will work to gently fade away the brown spots over time.
6. The vitamin E in pineapple and papaya is known to give skin a natural glow. Cucumbers and apricots can also be used in home remedies and facial masks to help get rid of dark spots on the face.